Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Worth a second look

It's truly an odd time here at the Herald. I have been here for three years, and I don't know that I have ever seen things in this much disarray. The cause? An ambitious total redesign of our paper taken on by our fearless leader, Billy Liggett, coupled with a switch in our operating software.
Hopefully, though, it will all go to give you a much better paper. Our redesign started Tuesday, and although there are some kinks to be worked out, I think the new look is a major upgrade.
But now it is time for you the reader to change your attitude. We are doing all we can to make our paper informative, relevant and interesting. We want you to give us a chance.
Too often I go to the Java Express or McDonald's and see folks reading the N&O. While that paper to the north is a great source for national and state news, if you want to know what is going on around you, we need to be the first place you look.
Please give us a chance, Sanford.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a computer to kill.

1 comment:

Joe Jon said...

I'm with you, Jonathan. The N&O can only give so much. It isn't like they are focusing much energy down this way. It's great to have a local voice, and hopefully more and more people will come to enjoy the Herald.