Friday, October 26, 2007

The funniest things I've ever seen

I enjoyed reading our publisher Bill Horner's blog on things he has done once. It got me thinking about some of the funny moments in my life so far. There have truly been too many. Here are a few.

My best friend Matt doing a cartwheel
OK, so it was like 3 in the morning, and as college students will do after a night of drinking... er, soda... we got the hankering for Taco Bell. About 6 of us pile in my 4Runner for the run to the border. While waiting for our Mexican Pizzas, someone starts telling Matt (who looks like me physically, more or less) that he can't do a cartwheel. He gets mad, jumps out of the car and does one, right there in the Taco Bell parking lot at 3 a.m. It was one of those things that is so funny, no one laughed... We were more in awe of his hilarity. It was the best unintentional Chris Farley impression ever.

My dad's rhymes
My dad is a 60 year-old potter from Robbins, but he loves Rudy Ray Moore (Dolemite) rhymes for some reason. He would break out in the Jungle rhyme or "Sally" out of nowhere. He said it is because he rode a Greyhound bus with Moore to New Orleans when he was popular and Dolemite did the rhymes the whole way down, which makes sense, since I can't really see my dad watching Dolemite movies.
My dad is the funniest person I know. And I know a lot of funny people.

Tommy Boy and Dumb and Dumber
Some movies are funny. Some are hilarious. And then, there are these two classics. I swear, I can recite every line of both of them, and they still crack me up. Two comedic geniuses (Jim Carrey and Farley) when they still wanted to be funny (Carrey) and were alive (Farley).

The Badger Commercials
What a treat it is to live in North Carolina right now, if for no other reason than to be able to watch these local gems from Johnson Automotive. I have a friend that works for Johnson, but he has never met the badger. I would buy a car from them, if I could afford one.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Badger+commercials

Gordon Anderson's Return of the Mack
If you haven't seen it, I can't explain it. You just have to be there.

No comments: